Thursday, March 7, 2013

Liebster Blog Award

Well howdy ho- looks like I've been nominated for  Liebster Blog Award.  Don't know what that is?  Well, head on over here and check it out.  Basically it's a way of spotlighting small blogs to increase their readership and recognize the great writing going on out there on the interwebs. Thank goodness it's not the Lobster Blog Award, because I don't eat shellfish.
I'm honored that Becca of Diary of a Slow Runner nominated me.  Thanks, Becca!

Here are the questions that Diary of a Slow Runner wants me to answer, and here are my responses:

  1. Are you a morning person or a night person?  More of a mid-morning to mid-afternoon person.  Mornings aren't my cup of tea, but nights aren't either.  Life is best during the working hours of the day (which is why I'm hardly productive during the school year, but super productive in the summer).
  2. If you could make any type of burrito, what would you put on it?  rice, avocado, black beans, pico, tomatoes, refried beans, spinach, and vegan sour cream.  Mmmmm....burritos...
  3. If you could have any job what would it be? I already have an amazing job (I'm an elementary school librarian), but if I could choose another job I would open a children's yoga studio and teach yoga classes to only children.  I suppose their parents could come join them, but only if they promise to not have any inhibitions and have fun like the kids do.
  4. What is your dream vacation?   Backpacking on remote trails in the Grand Canyon.
  5. What is your biggest pet peeve? Texting while driving.  Put your damn phone away and pay attention so you don't run over me while I'm running or riding my bike!
  6. Dog person or cat person? Dogs for sure.  I'm deathly allergic to cats, but if I wasn't I might love them just as much.
  7. What is the one dessert that you will always indulge in if you have the opportunity to eat it?  Brownies!!
  8. What is your favorite book you've read recently?   The Summit Seeker by Vanessa Runs
  9. What was your favorite childhood toy? generic Barbie (I know, I know, she's so stereotypical and not a good role model- but she and I had so many fun adventures on my bike, climbing, playing outside, etc).
  10. Desktop computer or laptop?   desktop, but soon to be a tablet
  11. What is your favorite color? pink (even tho I'm not a girly-girl by any means)
11 Random facts about me:
  1. I became vegan 1.5 years ago and my running has never been better (not the actual running, but the recovery and the adaptations to distance).
  2. I started my blog because I could only find blogs about fast ultra and distance runners and knew there had to be more back-of-the-packers like me who could relate to "chasing cutoffs" at every race they go to.
  3. I love to run, but always have a VERY hard time getting dressed and out the door. 
  4. The worse the weather, the more I want to go run.  On a nice day I have a hard time finding motivation.
  5. I *LOVE* teaching children, but don't want any of my own.  I'd rather have dogs.
  6. I'm vegan, but don't love vegetables. I eat them. Lots of them.  But I don't love and crave them. I wish I did. 
  7. I'm a liberal Democrat, but live in one of the most conservative states in the Union.
  8. I didn't start running until I was 33 (7 years ago).  I'm not as fast now as I was when I first started, but have much more endurance than I did when I was faster and thinner. And I have MUCH more fun now than I did back then.
  9. Sometimes meat still smells REALLY good to me (but I will never eat it again). 
  10. I love turtles.  They are symbols of wisdom.  And they are slow.  I feel like I am (sometimes) wise and (most definitely) slow.  Hence: Run Turtle Run 
  11. I only buy clothes from the thrift store (except undies, bras, socks, and running bottoms).  Besides the things I listed, I haven't bought a "new" piece of clothing in years.
11 Questions for my nominees:
  1. Besides running, what is your favorite form of exercise?
  2. If you could visit any place in the world- where would you go?
  3. Why is your blog named what it is?
  4. What is your dream race? The race you would do in a heartbeat if given the chance?
  5. What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
  6. What is the coolest race you've ever done and why?
  7. What is your go-to meal (something you always seem to make)?
  8. Wine or beer?
  9. If you could tell your 14 year old self something, what would it be?
  10. What is your favorite thing about living where you do?
  11. What have you always wanted to try, but have been too afraid to?

Here are my nominees: I enjoy all these blogs.  Sometimes I comment, sometimes I just stalk them.  No matter, I really enjoy them all.  I think I'm supposed to nominate 11, but these are the only ones I follow regularly.


Nikki at Slow is the New Fast
Julie at Trailing Along
Jade at Clean Running Yogi
Eat Drink Run Woman at Eat Drink Run Woman
Angela at Run Nature
Jennifer at Music and Medicine
Angela at Run Angie Run
Stacey at Stacey Runs and Eats
Jenn at Jenniferuns is 51!







5 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm so glad I found your blog. I am a slower runner too. I'm training for my first road half (coming up in April!), but true love is trails.
    I'll be back to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Welcome to my blog! Training for your first road half?? WOOT!!!! Which race are you running?
    Trails are my true love, too. I truly love being alone on a trail in nature doing my thing with no pressure and nobody to push me to a pace that I can't sustain.
    Hope to have you stick around. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I missed this reply! My half was great. I did the Garden Spot Half in Lancaster County, PA. Next up is the Bird-in-Hand Half in September. :)

      Delete
  3. So fun! I love this! Do I answer your questions in a blog that I will write myself? I will figure it all out later, thanks again Tanya! Your blog was one of the first to inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Jenn! Yes, answer the questions I posed in a post on your blog. Then you can nominate blogs you like to read and ask them questions you choose. Then give us some interesting facts about you.

      Delete